Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Finished a Christmas Ornament

My arm started feeling better this week and I was able to work on a Mill Hill Kit I had. It is the Celestial Sleigh kit and I Finished it on 9/7/18 It was a quick stitch until I got to the silver thread stuff which I did not like working with. It wanted to separate into three thinner strands that splayed out as far from each other as possible. The beads took more time but they sure made it look pretty. I just love blue and silver. I used to have several different themes for Christmas and switched between them all the time. I had them all in labeled tubs and I would tell my boys which ones to pull out each year. After a while though, my heath got so bad I struggled to decorate the large tree we had. We got a smaller tree that is easier for me to decorate and I cut down to my one favorite theme - the blue and silver with snow related items. I have a lot of glittery snowflakes and ice cycles and the tree has white lights. This ornament will look great on it this year. I'm so proud that I FFO'd it right away instead of putting it off. I backed it with thick blue scrapbook paper.



My 10th Finish, 3rd this year


I did finally get my lap stand. I got the Morgan 7-Inch and 10-Inch Lap Stand Combo Hoops. I just got it yesterday so I'm trying it out now. So far I really like it. It works so much better than the cheap wooden hoops I had. The fabric stays taught so much better. So far I have not had to re-tighten it but I have been sick and not stitching as much.




TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment so I know I'm not all alone in the world.