Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Max's Moon

Now I am caught up with where I am now so I can share my current WIP's.  The first one is Max's Moon by Bucilla.  It is a 12 x 9.25 inch piece.  I fell in love with it but it is definitely more difficult than the others I have done.  The black aida makes it really hard to see so I can only work on this sitting at the table where my Ott light magnifier lamp sits.  I love it though.  I am allergic to cats so Max will be the only cat I can have. 

I really wanted to start a different pattern that I bought on etsy first but I was stuck waiting for supplies to arrive from DMC.com.  I started this on June 17th, 2018 because I had to work on something.  I was so annoyed with Bucilla after I opened it because the floss was so hard to sort and the fabric was sort of hacked out like they used a hatchet or something.  There are so many shades of floss that are so close and I don't have a color chart yet.  They were sold out at DMC.com so all I could do was google the DMC color number listed and try to figure out which was which by comparing to my computer screen.  It was making me say bad words because so many of the images for the same color were so different.  Bucilla, I hate you.  After I was finally satisfied that I had the colors sorted right I didn't have any energy left to be able to any stitching.  Now I have finally been able to order a floss chart from DMC and can't wait to get it!  

I ended up putting this on hold when my supplies came for the etsy pattern.  So I have Max's head and that's all.  Somehow there are a bazillion colors in just that part.  

Progress on June 27th before putting on hold for a while.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment so I know I'm not all alone in the world.