Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Vintage Octopus Cross Stitch

My 2nd WIP is Vintage Octopus by Luna River Crafts on Etsy.  I have been crazy about octopuses lately.  I looked at several patterns and decided on this one.  I love him!  I started this on June 27, 2018 and I'm close to being finished.  

This is the first time that I bought a pattern and the materials separately.  I didn't do a very good job at estimating how big to cut the fabric.  There are only a couple inches of fabric on the sides of him and maybe 5 at the top and bottom.  What was I thinking?  I will just have to get creative when it comes time to frame him.  Another issue I have is with the shading color in the image.  It is so close to the color of the fabric I chose.  I'm using the DMC aida in platinum and the color used for the shading is 822.  Ironically, the fabric is really close in color to how the white paper looks in the pattern picture at the bottom of this post.  Since the light in here is bad it looks gray and you can barely see the shading in the image.  I think I'll end up changing that color to something more visible.  For now I'm just skipping it.  

Progress on July 22, 2018



1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna, I'm a new follower. Found your blog thru Stitch Maynia.
    I'm a new stitcher like you , I read about your journey thru old posts.
    The octopus looks cool , don't worry about the fabric margin on the sides. 1-1.5 inch is enough for framing.
    My blog is https://minizdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment so I know I'm not all alone in the world.