Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

I finished an ornament

I started this ornament kit on Oct 10th and finished it Oct 19th.  This is my 11th finish total and the 5th this year.  It is an old kit I've had for years in a box in my garage.  I have been cleaning out my garage and just decided to make this one to gift to a relative for Christmas this year.  I was thinking the finished ornaments would be great to slip into a Christmas card.  It's a Stitch 'N Hang kit from nmi.  It says it's a reindeer but obviously the designer has never seen an actual reindeer.  This is just a deer.  This kit was done on perforated plastic with some kind of string instead of 6 strand embroidery floss.  The string is about the same thickness as 3 strands of floss.  I had a difficult time because working on it hurt my hands and I also ran out of 2 colors.  I found a green floss in my stash that was close enough to finish but the light brown was too different.  I ended up blending 2 colors.  The needle is bigger to for the larger thread so it was harder to push it through holes that already had thread in them.  It does look nice and I'm glad I got it finished.  I took a break from stitching after that to let my hands rest.  My right hand and wrist feel a lot better now.  I have more of these kits so I'm not sure if I'll do them.  I'll wait and see.

Finish 12, 5th this year

1 comment:

  1. Lovely finish. Sorry about the troubles in stitching it. I have stitched 2 NMI kits and the floss was very different from the normal.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment so I know I'm not all alone in the world.